14th March 2019
THE CONGREGATION OF THE PASSION OF JESUS CHRIST
Job Title: Religious worker
Salary: Voluntary position
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 12th April 2019
Job description / main duties and responsibilities:
The Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ is a UK Roman-Catholic religious order, devoted to sharing knowledge of the Passion of Christ. The Congregation is actively committed to working for social justice, peace with justice, human rights, and environmental sustainability. In practice, this is achieved by working alongside individuals and groups marginalised in society, such as the homeless and refugees. This work is conducted directly through formal partnerships with a small number of partners, who share the common aims, objectives and action of our organisation. The successful Applicant will work for our organisation, but will work with one of our partners, the London Catholic Worker.
As a religious worker, the successful applicant will perform the following duties on behalf of The Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ:
- Contribute to the prayer life and religious activities of the community at London Catholic Worker
- Provide information, care and support to homeless people and refugees
- Other administrative tasks such as handling correspondence and making telephone calls
- Facilitating groups to raise awareness of faith and social justice issues
- Organising talks and events to raise awareness about the displacement of communities globally
The work undertaken on our behalf will form an important contribution to our mission, work and action.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- At least one years’ experience working in a faith-based organisation is required
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with the marginalised in society
We invite all those who align with our core mission of completing faith-inspired work for social justice, peace and human rights, to send their CV and cover letter by email to: email@example.com.
Closing Date for applications: 5pm Friday 12th April 2019.