THE CONGREGATION OF THE PASSION OF JESUS CHRIST
Job Title: Religious worker (2 positions available)
Location: Minsteracres Retreat Centre, Northumberland
Salary: Voluntary position
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 24th July 2019
Job description / main duties and responsibilities:
The Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ is a UK Roman-Catholic religious order, devoted to sharing knowledge of the Passion of Christ. The Congregation is actively committed to working for social justice, peace with justice, human rights, and environmental sustainability. The vacant positions are based at our Minsteracres Retreat Centre. The Passionists arrived at Minsteracres in 1949 and the retreat house was opened in the 1960s. The Passionists rely on voluntary religious workers to assist with the running of the house and its ministry. Although based at Minsteracres, the successful Applicants will work for our organisation, under our direction.
As a religious worker, the successful Applicants will perform the following duties on behalf of The Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ:
- Live amongst members of the Passionist religious community at Minsteracres Retreat Centre (note, however, that the successful candidate need not be a member of the Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ)
- Contribute to the prayer life and religious activities of the Passionist religious community at Minsteracres Retreat Centre in accordance with the Congregation of the Passion of Jesus Christ’s life and mission
- Assist with the delivery of Christian retreats and days of prayer and reflection for retreatants visiting Minsteracres Retreat Centre
The work undertaken on our behalf will form an important contribution to our mission, work and action.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Previous experience working in a faith-based organisation is required
- Previous Christian retreat work is required
We invite all those who align with our core mission of completing faith-inspired work for social justice, peace and human rights, to send their CV and cover letter by email to: email@example.com.